Statement Of Purpose
Statement Of Purpose
- We as the Parsons Avenue Church of God want to be united, strong, and a committed church in the community, home, schools, and in the eyes of God.
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! (KJV)
- We are committed to the spreading of the Gospel of the knowledge of God.
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. (KJV)
Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ: (KJV)
- We want to establish a praise and worship environment that God may be glorified and exalted and that Christ may be lifted up.
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. (KJV)
- We are committed to serving the Lord by being an extension of His love.
1: The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
2 : To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; (KJV)
- We the Church are to be a beacon of light to a dark world that it may be saved.
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. (KJV)
- We want to be a church where the power and manifestation of the Holy Ghost can be experienced.
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. (KJV)
- As a church we want to present hope to the hopeless, and restoration to those in need.
Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God: (KJV)
- We are committed to offer prayer for the healing of mind, soul, and body.
James 5:15 – 16
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. (KJV)
- We are committed to the spiritual and educational growth of all ages. We have a large staff of ministers, teachers, and helpers, with a variety of materials and facilities to serve all types of needs.
Ephesians 4:11 – 13
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ: (KJV)